FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

Equipment List for FOUNDATION Course

Thursday, January 13, 2022

1st training/ practice session

  Questions: We went to park to train/practice. She lunged twice, I did right about turn and she stopped that. She kept getting on right side I would walk the line get her back on left side. She would go back to right side repeat putting her back to left side. Not sure I’m doing this right. The other thing is after hitting the end of line a couple of times she would not bolt but still run ahead of me a few feet and wait for me to catch up then run ahead some more. I’m walking as fast as I can. She can travel.

3 comments:

  1. Training a young dog that the left side of you is the Safety Zone takes some time. When she is on your Right, do the 270 Left Turn around BEHIND her, come up on her right shoulder and continue working her. She'll figure it out.

    And we don't care if she is a couple of feet ahead of you as long as she is within the 5' Safety Zone.

    She CAN travel indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, we will practice more tomorrow. When she got tire of this WORK thing she went behind me and grabbed my leg with her paws. When I shook her off she went to jumping on me. I Broke protocol and told her off and pushed her with my foot. Also what do I do when she is picking up things. I say leave it or just take it away from her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore whatever she picks up, pick up your speed of walking so she has to docus on you.For her jumping, just use your leg to move her away from you.

    Good questions

    ReplyDelete