A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s)/handlers and their dogs. Let the journey begin....
There is an ENORMOUS amount of education in this post. Please note much of the training none of you new students can do, nor do I want you to attempt to do so. You will see Informal Recalls to SSIF done for field work or a dog that is going to be trained in Tech Savvy (ecollar) or for a dog that is being trained to do specific responses for the safety of the owners (Aleacia).
You will see a crazed Hannah in FULL PREY DRIVE learning she can't do what she wants and will be held accountable for her choices each and every time. You will see in the progression of photos and videos (most important) a learning Hannah finally understand (after a solid hour + of intense work) that remaining inside the Safety Zone IS the wise choice. But it takes that prior hour of intense work, I was moving here, there and everywhere for the entire hour, + Sugar finally yelling at pesky Hannah who then moves out of his Ugly Face and teeth and she promptly gets under my foot and gets stepped on. THEN, and only then, did she opt to work FOR me and WITH me. That is what I was waiting to happen. We ended on her being kenneled while Chonnie and Sugar sat on the sidelines as Gayle/Olive did their Week 4 EXAM, then I stopped on the way home at the local park and had her run in the deep snow. BTW, that Marysville local park has a raised concrete pad, outside the indoor fenced patio that is phenomenal for doing Downs on and some precise heeling. Should have taken a photo, but my old phone is nearly dead and I don't have the new one operational yet. Next time, I'll take photos.
All in all, it was a GREAT day of training for Hannah. And Sugar and I went home, ate dinner and us two old ones went to sleep quickly. We were tired-:)
And here it is, yesterday's Marysville Adventure with Hannah. Whew!
ReplyDeleteThere is an ENORMOUS amount of education in this post. Please note much of the training none of you new students can do, nor do I want you to attempt to do so. You will see Informal Recalls to SSIF done for field work or a dog that is going to be trained in Tech Savvy (ecollar) or for a dog that is being trained to do specific responses for the safety of the owners (Aleacia).
ReplyDeleteYou will see a crazed Hannah in FULL PREY DRIVE learning she can't do what she wants and will be held accountable for her choices each and every time. You will see in the progression of photos and videos (most important) a learning Hannah finally understand (after a solid hour + of intense work) that remaining inside the Safety Zone IS the wise choice. But it takes that prior hour of intense work, I was moving here, there and everywhere for the entire hour, + Sugar finally yelling at pesky Hannah who then moves out of his Ugly Face and teeth and she promptly gets under my foot and gets stepped on. THEN, and only then, did she opt to work FOR me and WITH me. That is what I was waiting to happen. We ended on her being kenneled while Chonnie and Sugar sat on the sidelines as Gayle/Olive did their Week 4 EXAM, then I stopped on the way home at the local park and had her run in the deep snow. BTW, that Marysville local park has a raised concrete pad, outside the indoor fenced patio that is phenomenal for doing Downs on and some precise heeling. Should have taken a photo, but my old phone is nearly dead and I don't have the new one operational yet. Next time, I'll take photos.
All in all, it was a GREAT day of training for Hannah. And Sugar and I went home, ate dinner and us two old ones went to sleep quickly. We were tired-:)
We hid and left.
ReplyDeleteWow now it’s on there 3 times. All you did with Hanna yesterday was amazing. You have great stamina.
ReplyDeleteSugar and I were tired
ReplyDelete